Friday, October 23, 2020

STARTING OVER

 

I feel the tension mounting,
 every second of every day.
The stress overwhelms me,
and nothing goes my way.
I lost my favorite job,
and my options are very few.
I lost my best friend,
what am I going to do?
Starting over was never easy, 
it never was meant to be.
It's always a time of learning,
and not a time of harmony.
My bills keep piling,
and all my cupboards are bare.
I reached out to others,
but no one really cares.
I lost another car,
and all my possessions too.
Here I am starting over,
at the age of sixty-two
Starting over was never easy,
it never was meant to be.
It's always a time of learning,
and not a time of harmony.
So I fix my eyes on Jesus,
I know he's always near.
He can take away my sorrows,
and cast away my fears.
I place my hope in Jesus,
even when life looks grim.
He promised to help me,
I know I can trust him. 






No comments: