Saturday, November 14, 2015

Legend of the Candles

There was a gentleman who was standing by a door.
Who told me a message that I never heard before.
It's always better to learn everything that I can.
So I would be ready to follow God's plan.
He pointed to a door with a sign you couldn't miss.
With the words inscribed, there's more to life than this.
He invited me to go and hear what they had to say.
You can learn the truth that will help me everyday.
I went inside and saw four candles lit with a flame.
With a sign on each one, taped with their own name.
The first candle said, "I am peace to bring you harmony."
"I can shed some light on how life can be"
"But there is no one around that I can see."
"So my flame has gone out of me."
The second candle said, "I am faith that you need today."
"I want to show you someone that can lead the way."
"But there is no one around who wants to stay." 
"So now my flame has gone away."
The third candle said, "I am love that can bring unity."
"I am here to reveal, how good it can be."
"But no one comes along, so they can see."
"So my flame has gone out of me."
The fourth candle took his turn, he had some light."
My name is HOPE," he said. "You could use me tonight."
I took the candle of hope and lit the other three.
I finally got the message, they were trying to tell me 
Each candle represents, Faith, Hope, Peace and Love.
These four spiritual words, come from God above. 
Now abide in these, you are set apart.
To do good works, poured out from our heart.



.


No comments: