Friday, April 27, 2012

Runaway Jug Band

It's Sunday night, April 22nd at 6:30pm. I walk inside the Jam Room. It's a studio where bands come in and produce new songs. Brad Sanders and his brother Frank step inside with their musical instruments. The Runaway Jug Band is scheduled to perform a new song, "Friends In Need."  I wrote the words to Friends In Need with the hope Brad can produce the music. Brad steps behind a drum set while Frank grabs the bass. I sat in the studio and watched in awe while Brad and Frank put together the melody and beat. I was amazed when I saw Brad use a rhythm guitar, followed by a electric guitar. I finally listened to Brad sing the words to the song. When the producer edited the whole sequence together, the band had a great new song. I can't wait for the public to hear this song.

This young man, he can surely play.
I saw him use a electric guitar today.
He can create a great melody.
Give this man a hand.
He plays in a band.
This young man, he can surely play,
I saw him use a drum today.
With a tap tap here, and bang, bang there.
Give this man a hand,
He plays in a band.
This young man, he can surely play,
He used a harmonica the other day.
With a sound you love to hear,
Give this man a hand,
He plays in a band.
This young man, he can surely play,
He used a rhythm guitar today.
With a beat you love to hear,
Give this man a hand,
He plays in a band.
This young man, he can surely play,
He sang a new song today.
With the vocals that matched the tune,
Give this man a hand,
He plays in a band.          
henry_reading02

No comments: