Monday, September 5, 2011

IT'S TRUE!




Can it be? Is it true? IT IS!
The very first author interview is with  my favorite author, Eileen Spinelli.
Buddy:      When did you know you wanted to become a writer?
Eileen: I knew I wanted to be a writer when I was six years old.
It was then I fell in love with books, poems, stories.
Buddy: Your favorite picture book when you were a kid?
Eileen:  THEE, HANNAH by Marquerite De Angeli
Buddy:  Who is your favorite picture book writer?
Eileen: Since my husband, Jerry Spinelli, has written several   
picture books.I must say that he is my favorite.
Buddy:   Do you have a favorite picture book among your own?
Eileen: I have trouble making that choice. I'll answer with a question.
Do you have a favorite Eileen Spinelli Book?
Buddy:    How do you come up with your stories?
Eileen :  Ideas are everywhere. Many come from my own childhood.
Many from  my own  children and grandchildren. Some come from newspaper articles.
Some simply from my imagination.
Buddy: What advice would you give to anyone who wants to become a writer?
Eileen:  My best advice for someone who wants to become a writer, is to read, read, read.
And then write, write, write.
                        Photobucket

No comments: